Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bringing a smile to my face!

Tonight, actually while I was posting my last blog, I burned our dinner and the smoke detector started going off. Of course when one goes off they all go off and the cats go climbing the walls. So I quickly got the pan off the burner and grabbed the closest thing I could find to wave under the smoke detector to clear the smoke. That item happened to be a open box of Cheerios. Of course Cheerios went flying every where. And while that was enough to make me chuckle what Maddie did truly made me grin from ear to ear. While I was busy trying to rescue dinner I didn't notice Maddie was hard at work until I turned around. There was the gadget drawer open and I saw her drop something into it. As I was walking past the drawer I looked in and noticed this:


She was being such a big helper picking up the Cheerios and putting them in the drawer. The only reason I can think of why she did this is because when she is done eating in her high chair I ask her to pick up the pieces of food on her tray and put them in the bowl she dumped them out of. What made this moment even funnier is that when I got the broom out it became a race as to who could get the Cheerios cleaned up first:)
That would have been enough to make me smile all night. However, about a half hour later shes in a cupboard getting out bowls and I move her because she is in my way. That of course lead to her fussing and getting right back in there as soon as she could. This time she is leaning way into the cupboard and pulls something out. I couldn't begin to guess what it was since it could fit in her hand. to my surprise she had a magnet that apparently she had stashed in there at another time! Now I know why I can't find some of her smaller toys!

I'm wondering if she wants to go to Maryland and that is why she hid that magnet...or maybe shes a friend to the crabs!

No comments: